Sunday 18 December 2011

Welcome to the Lost Book Library

For reasons I am not at liberty to divulge, I currently come into contact with many second-hand books.  Most of these are by James Herriot, but every so often, I come across a book which has a certain, shall we say, aura about it.  Just by looking at the cover you can somehow tell that not only has this book been out of print for some time, but that very few, if anybody, has thought to read it for nearly as long.  The Internet will reveal scant information about these books, other than that someone in Jersey will sell you a copy for a reasonable price.

These books have been lost from cultural history, but I aim to document them and give them a chance to live again.  Although I don't have time to read all of them personally, hopefully I will inspire others to track some of them down and give them a chance to come back to life for readers once again.  This is the Lost Book Library.  Let the cataloguing commence!

(Do you own a book that you feel belongs in the Lost Book Library?  All you have to do is send me a jpg of the front cover, the text of the back cover blurb, a random paragraph, and your thoughts on its contents having flicked through it, and I shall put it in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment